Playing for change, have a listen, I defy you not to sing along...

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It never ends...





Well as you can see we are at it again...This is the retaining wall being built with the blocks that we purchased one week before our handover for the house. So let's make a quick calculation shall we? So there would be Daughters birthday gone then Christmas gone, the Boxing day bash (quite successful too I might add, 72 people aaarrggghhh!) then next Daughters birthday gone, my birthday gone, husband's birthday gone, then daughter's birthday gone again mmmm so according to my tweety bird watch that would be about a year and a half ago that we purchased these blocks. Not bad hey? Yep pretty damn quick.
So the plumbers (real ones) have started and with copious packets of Tim Tams (I think that is the only reason they agreed, I buy in bulk when they are on special in Coles for this particular reason) and coffee, it is underway. The "pit", the second one, is in the ground. The downpour we had last week was a real test. There seemed to be flooding as per normal but I feel it would have been much worse without it?
I have already half planned the feature wall that will be going onto those timber posts. I stipulated that it should be easy for me to paint myself when I should so desire to change the colour. Which I will, so be warned. I think I will have a sitting Balinese statue sitting in the middle and maybe Bromeliads or something else either side. I will decide when it's done and not a minute before. It will be lovely, I hope. I had already purchased 2 gorgeous Balinese statures that are now standing in the entryway and making a statement. I do love them inside and I don't think they will be moving. Oh no, guess I will just have to get some more...damn...double damn...