Playing for change, have a listen, I defy you not to sing along...

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dodonaea hedge




Dodonaea viscosa "Purpurea". It turns from this gorgeous lime colour to a lovely burgundy colour. I love the way the leaves point are shaped. I have clipped these very regularly to keep them bushy. I also have one out the back but it is a single specimen and it generally grows into a tear drop shape. I think they are looking great and are nice and thick. I'll let then grow up to make a nice screen. I think they are doing well also because the soil was so poor there as it became a bit of a dumping round from the build. I have improved it a lot with compost, cow poo and peastraw and sugar cane. Have also used a bit of molasses and Powerfeed.
You can see in the bottom left hand of the garden bed my rogue tomato plant. Not sure where ut came from but it is growing like crazy and producing about 30 little toms a day. They are sooooooo yummy, that real deal tomato taste. I'm just going to let it run along the driveway until it's done. May as well, free food!!
Yes that is till our old mailbox, that's so the postman didn't get too confused all at once. We had to keep that little part of the old fence to keep the mailbox. Not sure what type of mailbox we will have because we are not sure what type of front fence we will have. So I guess that mailbox will be staying for some time yet.