Playing for change, have a listen, I defy you not to sing along...

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cleaning Up...

ANZAC DAY. We remember them.

Well we seem to be selling quite a bit of stuff from the house. It's great. A few things to go, a few doors etc. One guy even asked me how much for my Basil plant???HAHAHAHAHA. Well I do have to say, it was quite impressive, about 3 feet tall and growing... I relented and let him have the plant for free. Can you believe it, what a bargain. (Not to mention the corrugated iron pile he got for $50 but the Ocimum basiliscum was a better deal no doubt). Funny to see this trailer load of tin driving off to the West (poor Basil baby, condemned to a life West of the Princes Highway, no waft of the seaside anymore..uuggghh, shiver, choke - no offence meant to anyone :)) with the Basil waving it's stems bye bye in the breeze. Wow, won't the motorists behind be confused about the changing scent of the West? Mind you after that, guilt laden, I went ahead and dug up the other herbies I had left for the dozer. Now they are safely tucked into cow poo in the front pocket of a garden at the rental. Should be bloomin thankful they should. Talking herbs, the girls and I planted a Rosemary today in the school garden for ANZAC Day. Okay Okay, enough plant talk. Can't bloomin help myself once I start...
Thank goodness it's çlean up week next week so we can throw some stuff to the kerb literally and it will be gone. At present I am listening to some nice Jazz uh I mean Mettalica NOT, on Jango.com. Wonder if I could get one of my kids to play piano like that? It's costing us enough each week. Mind you Miss C said that she wants to play trumpet now so there could be a new Jazz band coming up. Yeah right.
Official Demolition Sale tomorrow, fingers crossed we get rid of it all. Oh did I mention that a lady even rang up and wanted to buy the whole house?!! Said they wouldn't be ready until late May so not quick enough for us. Plus there is always trouble moving the houses etc. so not really an option but funny enough hey?