Playing for change, have a listen, I defy you not to sing along...

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Moving on


Well Happy New year wishes to you all. Thought I had better update as it seems the last time I did was 16 Dec.... We were pleasantly suprised to see someone there, putting the door handles and wardrobe handles on. It was so nice to see as we thought it would be a total ghost town for a few weeks. We have started cleaning (again, oh geez) the rental and sort of lazily preparing for the move. It's difficult to muster up some sort of enthusiasm at this time of year. The last thing you want to be doing is cleaning and packing. Not even the excitement of moving into the new house is working at the moment. I gave Miss T and Miss C a box to start packing the loose (that would be the whole room) items lying around and they looked at me as if I had 6 heads. The box is still sitting there and so is all the 'loose' stuff. I did clean some of the windows and some cupboards and the stove top. Oh I am sooooooo not looking forward to this actual move. Exhausting just thinking about it. Then the real fun begins, there will be a HEAP of work to do once we get there. Yeah well, that's enough work for today, boring I know but think I need a nap. Big night last night, New Years Eve, you know all the energy expended lighting sparklers, snapping a few pics and watching the fireworks on TV. Must have been the bubbly but I was asleep by 11pm. Old Fart. Ready for another nap now, trying to rely on the Dilmah for a second wind...well I did say Old Fart didn't I? Oh damn, the neighbours having a barbie, and it smells divine.....dream on. It's better than the smell of Windex let me tell ya'.