Playing for change, have a listen, I defy you not to sing along...

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What have I learnt from the building experience?


Well this question was posed on HomeOne and this was my answer. I thought I would share it with the rest of you...

Well I have one week to go.
I have learnt to be manipulative, cry on queue, demand the bleedin' obvious, trade errors for other things more important and expensive, get myself so confused I want to sell the damn house the minute we get it, accept what I cannot change, produce facts from reliable sources that cannot be disputed by anyone, ask for help and advice when I need it, allow myself to BLOW UP in frustration every now and then, accept less than what I had hoped for, choose my battles, go neutral colours even though it is against every inch of my actively creative brain, accept being broke, throw my hands up and say "I don't care, I just don't care if my kitchen cupboard handles are all on the wrong way" and look like I mean it, and yell at my husband frequently (well that's par for the course anyway.)

There are others but I have also learnt to shut up when necessary. (well sort of, maybe, well sometimes, well only when really necessary, I guess)

Gotta love this building experience it's so enriching.