Playing for change, have a listen, I defy you not to sing along...

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Carpet Capers

Yeah well, it wasn't as easy as we thought it would be. We went to order the one that we had chosen and came home with 6 other samples and didn't order anything. What on earth happened there? We even saw friends of ours (thank you Sue, Steve and Maddie) and they helped us choose but we still ended up with nothing. I thought the sales people were meant to talk you INTO buying not OUT of it. Weird. So, as I type we have six carpet samples of varying colour, style, twist, loop, plush, pedigree, names, shades, heritage, you name it all laid out in the rental house, trying to work out whether the footsteps left behind in the pile will do my head in or not. If you know me you know it probably will. There is no way in hell that I have time to get the Dyson out 3 times a day just to keep the footprints off the carpet. No way. OMG! I mean how ironic is it that you get carpet to WALK on and then you hate it when the footprints remain behind? Then there's the damn colour! Oh, don't get me started. (as she feins a faint). Go neutral I say to keep it simple, well how many shades of neutral are there? I geez, I need a cup of Dilmah. TWO.